Through the ICAS competition earlier this year, students were able to compete with other students worldwide who also enjoy academic challenge in the areas of Mathematics, Science, Digital Technology, English and Spelling. Within ICAS students were challenged to use their problem solving and higher-order thinking skills. Certificates were handed out this week to recognise and encourage students.
Students who achieved a High Distinction were in the top 1% of the State.
- High Distinction for Year 3 Science to Isaac Fernando
- High Distinction for Year 2 English to Liam Hoad.
- High Distinction for Year 2 Mathematics to Stephanie Li
Students who achieved a Distinction were in the top 10% of the State. Within Mueller primary we had:
- Mathematics – 6 Distinctions
- English – 6 Distinctions
- Spelling Bee – 4 Distinctions
- Digital Technology – 3 Distinctions
As our Mueller Primary Optiminds team won the Brisbane North Science and Engineering Division 1 competition, we were able to go through to the State Finals. Within the State Finals the team won an award for ‘Spirit of Optiminds’. This was to encourage students for their teamwork and cooperation, innovative thinking, demonstrating resilience, effective communication and collaborative thinking skills.